SubjectRe: filesystem bug?

Stephen, I don't have anything helpful for debuging at this point. We
noticed the problem
by debuging our SCSI driver. Then we found that the same thing happens
on generic
SCSI disk and IDE also. The problem we observed in our driver was that
while it is
processing a buffer, which should be locked by BH_LOCK, the contents of
the buffer were
overwritten. The amount of overwrite is a few byte to 1KB out of 4KB,
which cannot be done
in our driver. Then, we tried a generic SCSI and I reproduced the problem.
I think it is not because of a broken pointer because overwrites only
happen in data buffers
and other parts of memory seem ok.

Especially with Ext2 reproducing is easy, it happens in a few hours with
my script.
With Ext3, in a day if you are lucky.

Now I am trying 2.4.23 from with ext3, and 2.6.0-test11 from with ext3.
So far, it's been a about a day, they are runing nicely. Let's see what

Following is the failed combination:
Redhat9 with 2.4.20-8 ext2 and ext3
Redhat9 with 2.4.20-19.9 ext2 and ext3
Redhat9 with 2.4.20-24.9 ext2