    SubjectRe: filesystem bug?
    Hi,

    Stephen, I don't have anything helpful for debuging at this point. We
    noticed the problem
    by debuging our SCSI driver. Then we found that the same thing happens
    on generic
    SCSI disk and IDE also. The problem we observed in our driver was that
    while it is
    processing a buffer, which should be locked by BH_LOCK, the contents of
    the buffer were
    overwritten. The amount of overwrite is a few byte to 1KB out of 4KB,
    which cannot be done
    in our driver. Then, we tried a generic SCSI and I reproduced the problem.
    I think it is not because of a broken pointer because overwrites only
    happen in data buffers
    and other parts of memory seem ok.

    Especially with Ext2 reproducing is easy, it happens in a few hours with
    my script.
    With Ext3, in a day if you are lucky.

    Now I am trying 2.4.23 from kernel.org with ext3, and 2.6.0-test11 from
    kernel.org with ext3.
    So far, it's been a about a day, they are runing nicely. Let's see what
    happens.

    Following is the failed combination:
    Redhat9 with 2.4.20-8 ext2 and ext3
    Redhat9 with 2.4.20-19.9 ext2 and ext3
    Redhat9 with 2.4.20-24.9 ext2

    Thanks,
    Yoshi
    ---
    Yoshihiro Tsuchiya

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.022 / U:30.940 seconds]