SubjectRe: 'bad: scheduling while atomic!', preempt kernel, 2.6.1-test11, reading an apparently duff DVD-R

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Jens Axboe wrote:

> > The old ide-scsi reset function is just terminally broken, there's no way
> > it can work. This patch _might_ make it work, but is more likely to just
> > print out what it's trying to do.
>
> abort doesn't work well either, and ide-scsi needs to be ported to do
> proper new error handling.

Yeah. But at least it doesn't look like it would lock up the machine by
just being horribly wrong (like the reset code would). After all, all it
does is to wait for the requests to finish.

So I'm hoping that with just the reset routine basically removed, the
thing might limp along. But since I can't test it (and am not that
horribly motivated by it), I'll just see if somebody reports any success
at all with that patch.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.420 / U:0.128 seconds]