SubjectRe: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?
On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 07:58, David Woodhouse wrote:

> My point, however, was that a copyright licence _can_ make such
> requirements. It _can_ require you to bathe daily in creosote too, and
> if you don't like that you have the option of not using the software
> which is licensed that way.

I'd be willing to bet, that since bathing in creosote is extremely
unhealthy, the courts might well find that that restriction was
nonsense. This being the case they might decide that taken as a whole
the license was a fraud and grant the public the right to unrestricted
use of the product in question. Especially if the defendants lawyer was
particularly good.
--
Brian Beattie | Experienced kernel hacker/embedded systems
beattie@beattie-home.net | programmer, direct or contract, short or

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:2.501 / U:0.396 seconds]