Subject2.6.0-test11-mjb2
The patchset contains mainly performance, scalability and NUMA stuff,
and anything else that stops things from irritating me. It's meant to be
pretty stable, not so much a testing ground for new stuff.

I'd be very interested in feedback from anyone willing to test on any
platform, however large or small.

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mbligh/2.6.0-test11/patch-2.6.0-test11-mjb2.bz2

Since 2.6.0-test11-mjb1 (~ = changed, + = added, - = dropped)

Notes: Major resync with akpm, and merged 4/4 split

Now in Linus' tree:

Dropped:

- nolock Dave McCracken
Not really dropped, but folded into the objrmap patch

New:

~ kgdb Various
Grabbed updated version from akpm

+ ppc64_bar_0_fix Anton Blanchard
+ ppc64_reloc_hide Anton Blanchard / Paul Mackerras
+ ppc64_sched_clock_fix Anton Blanchard / Paul Mackerras
+ ppc64_use_statfs64 Anton Blanchard
+ ppc64_compat_clock Olaf Hering
+ ppc64_numa_sign_extn Anton Blanchard
+ ppc64_IRQ_INPROGRESS_fix Anton Blanchard
PPC 64 fixups

~ lockmeter John Hawkes / Hanna Linder
Updated version from akpm + rolled in fixes

+ vm86_sysenter_fix Brian Gerst
Re-enable sysenter after task switch

+ oops_dump_preceding_code Andrew Morton
dump opcodes preceding and after the offending EIP.

+ 4g4g Ingo Molnar
Provide a 4G/4G user/kernel split for 32 bit memory lushes.

~ emulex Emulex / Pat Mansfield
New version that can be compiled in (not a module)

~ implicit_huge_pages Adam Litke / wli / Brian T.
New version to fix up some bogons on PPC64.

~ kcg Adam Litke
Seemed we lost the PPC64 support somehow. put it back.

+ multiple_emulex Jose Santos
Performance fix for multiple emulex cards.

Pending:
lotsa_sds
config_numasched
list_of_lists
Hyperthreaded scheduler (Ingo Molnar)
scheduler callers profiling (Anton or Bill Hartner)
Child runs first (akpm)
Kexec
e1000 fixes
pidmaps_nodepages (Dave Hansen)

Present in this patch:

kgdb Various
Stolen from akpm's 2.6.0-test10-mm1

poll_eepro100
Polled net driver for kgdb.

poll_tlan
Polled net driver for kgdb.

poll_tulip
Polled net driver for kgdb.

poll_tg3
Polled net driver for kgdb.

poll_8139too
Polled net driver for kgdb.

ppc64_bar_0_fix Anton Blanchard
PPC 64 fixups

ppc64_reloc_hide Anton Blanchard / Paul Mackerras
PPC 64 fixups

ppc64_sched_clock_fix Anton Blanchard / Paul Mackerras
PPC 64 fixups

ppc64_use_statfs64 Anton Blanchard
PPC 64 fixups

ppc64_compat_clock Olaf Hering
PPC 64 fixups

ppc64_numa_sign_extn Anton Blanchard
PPC 64 fixups

ppc64_IRQ_INPROGRESS_fix Anton Blanchard
PPC 64 fixups

spinlock_inlining Andrew Morton & Martin J. Bligh
Inline spinlocks for profiling. Made into a ugly config option by me.

lockmeter John Hawkes / Hanna Linder
Locking stats.

vm86_sysenter_fix Brian Gerst
Re-enable sysenter after task switch

oops_dump_preceding_code Andrew Morton
dump opcodes preceding and after the offending EIP.

4g4g Ingo Molnar
Provide a 4G/4G user/kernel split for 32 bit memory lushes.

early_printk Dave Hansen / Keith Mannthey
Allow printk before console_init

confighz Andrew Morton / Dave Hansen
Make HZ a config option of 100 Hz or 1000 Hz

config_page_offset Dave Hansen / Andrea
Make PAGE_OFFSET a config option

numameminfo Martin Bligh / Keith Mannthey
Expose NUMA meminfo information under /proc/meminfo.numa

sched_tunables Robert Love
Provide tunable parameters for the scheduler (+ NUMA scheduler)

partial_objrmap Dave McCracken
Object based rmap for filebacked pages.

local_balance_exec Martin J. Bligh
Modify balance_exec to use node-local queues when idle

tcp_speedup Martin J. Bligh
Speedup TCP (avoid double copy) as suggested by Linus

disable preempt Martin J. Bligh
I broke preempt somehow, temporarily disable it to stop accidents

aiofix2 Mingming Cao
fixed a bug in ioctx_alloc()

config_irqbal Keith Mannthey
Make irqbalance a config option

percpu_real_loadavg Dave Hansen / Martin J. Bligh
Tell me what the real load average is, and tell me per cpu.

per_node_rss Matt Dobson
Track which nodes tasks mem is on, so sched can be sensible.

pfn_to_nid Martin J. Bligh
Dance around the twisted rats nest of crap in i386 include.

gfp_node_strict Dave Hansen
Add a node strict binding as a gfp mask option

page_lock William Lee Irwin
Conditionally convert mapping->page_lock back to an rwlock

irqbal_fast Adam Litke
Balance IRQs more readily

kcg Adam Litke
Acylic call graphs from the kernel. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

numa_mem_equals Dave Hansen
mem= command line parameter NUMA awareness.

schedstat Rick Lindsley
Provide lotsa scheduler statistics

autoswap Con Kolivas
Auto-tune swapiness

mbind_part1 Matt Dobson
Bind some memory for NUMA.

mbind_part2 Matt Dobson
Bind some more memory for NUMA.

emulex driver Emulex
Driver for emulex fiberchannel cards

qlogic driver Qlogic
The qlogic driver

protocol254 Paul Mackerras / Omkhar
Allow protocol 254

slabtune Dave McCracken
Take slab in bigger bites on larger machines

less_bouncy Martin J. Bligh
Stop bouncing warm tasks cross node

topdown Bill Irwin
Turn userspace upside down for fun & profit

sysfs_vs_dcache Maneesh Soni
Fix race.

pci_topology Matt Dobson
Expose PCI NUMA topology to userspace

stacktrace Adam Litke
Stack backtracing via frame pointers

implicit_huge_pages Adam Litke / wli / Brian T.
Implicit huge pages for mmap and shmem

amd_sysrq_t Badari
Fix amd sysrq+t not to print the same stack for everyone. Doh!

-mjb Martin J. Bligh
Add a tag to the makefile

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:1.573 / U:0.072 seconds]