    SubjectRe: Device-mapper submission for 2.4
    On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Joe Thornber wrote:

    > The LVM1 driver was removed because dm covered the same
    > functionality + lots more, and is more flexible.

    Yes, DM seems quite nice.

    > The LVM2 tools still understand the LVM1 metadata format, so there
    > is no problem about not being able to read data in 2.6.

    Ah, and this capability is /not/ going away? If so, then that works
    for me. Its just i got the vague impression that support was going
    to be excised at some stage soonish, which is what worries me. If
    not, apologies, and then indeed there's no reason for DM in 2.4.

    > - Joe

    regards,
    --
    Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org Key ID: 64A2FF6A