    SubjectRe: hash table sizes
    >> It would be very nice to have some confirmation that the size of these
    >> tables is being appropriately chosen, too. Maybe we should shrink 'em 32x
    >> and see who complains...
    > Why dont we just do node round robin allocations during boot? This
    > should mean the static boot time hashes would at least end up on
    > different nodes.

    We could probably implement a generic striped allocate, which would
    do a vmalloc or similar on 64 bit, and either the magic boottime
    node-alloc hack, or just a straight node 0 alloc on 32 bit (ie use
    vmalloc where needed, without crippling other platforms).

    Someone had a patch to do round-robin already (Manfred?) - IMHO doing
    it from the node with the most free mem each time would be better, if
    we're not going to stripe.

    > 0 248652
    > 1 7374

    but yes, that does look utterly screwed ;-)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:59    [W:0.019 / U:10.692 seconds]