    SubjectRe: Using proc in chroot environments
    Hi ;),

    > I'm using a chroot environment on my main disk as a 'crash test
    > dummy', and I need to access the proc filesystem inside it. Since
    > hard links are not allowed for directories, the only solution I can
    > think of is to mount proc inside the chroot environment just after
    > chrooting. This works, I've tested, but I have two problems:

    Have you tried the --bind mount option? It's great to solve this kind
    of problem, accesing to a directory within a chrooted enviroment. I've
    used it successly with a ftp server ;).

    David Gómez

    "The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
    whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.019 / U:123.892 seconds]