SubjectRe: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt
Date
On Thursday 06 November 2003 17:36, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Thursday 06 November 2003 14:14, bill davidsen wrote:

>> >I'm not sure what you mean by faster, burning runs at device
>> > limited speed in CPU time in the less than 1% range if you
>> > remember to enable DMA. The last time I looked DMA didn't work
>> > in either kernel if write size was not a multiple of 1k, (or
>> > 2k?) has that changed?
>> >
>> >I'm not sure what you meant by faster, so don't think I'm
>> > disagreeing with you.
>>
>> As in it actually said it was burning at 12x, and could do a 650
>> meg iso in a bit over 6 minutes including fixating. Thats about 3
>> to 4 minutes faster than its ever been.
>
>Okay, more or less as expected, 650MB and 380sec (just over six
> minutes) is 10.17x, allowing for OPC and fixating that's about what
> you would expect.
>
>Are you saying that a 12x burn using a 2.4 kernel and ide-scsi
> doesn't take the same time? Because I see ~1.7MB/s if I use
> speed=12 with ide-scsi, and that's as expected (1x = 44100*4/1024
> kB/s). Haven't got a 2.6 system with a burner here, but I do at my
> other site.

Mmm, thats pretty close, Bill. Maybe its something I just noted the
last time I tried to burn a disk under ide-scsi, but I caught it
turning the write speed down to 8x from the 12x setting. It may have
been doing that previously without advising me or?? The old times
were usually just short of 10 minutes.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.101 / U:0.940 seconds]