    SubjectRe:[MOUSE] Alias for /dev/psaux

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Matt wrote:

    > had excatly the same problem moving to test9-mm1, way i fixed it was to
    > pass the options "psmouse_rate=60 psmouse_resolution=200" to the kernel
    > at boot (these were the old defaults).

    Can you guys test passing in "psmouse_noext=1" instead?

    The thing is, the psmouse initialization in 2.4.x does _nothing_. Nada.
    Zilch. Zero. And it obviously works fine. So the 2.6.x code is apparently
    just _crap_.

    The extended psmouse detection code will try different things, and one
    thing in particular is that the Logitech magic ID matching sets the
    resolution to zero, while the IntelliMouse thing sets the rate to 80.

    I don't know what the proper thing to do is, but I'm pretty certain that
    the current mouse initialization has got to go. It clearly breaks setups
    that worked fine in 2.4.x, and the 2.6.x doesn't actually have any
    _advantages_ that I can tell. Maybe Vojtech can inform us.

    Passing in "psmouse_noext=1" gets you close to 2.4.x behaviour.

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.018 / U:244.640 seconds]