    SubjectBK2CVS problem
    Somebody has modified the CVS tree on directly.  Dave looked
    at the machine and it looked like someone may have been trying to break in and
    do it.

    We've fixed the file in question, the conversion is done back here at BitMover
    and after we transfer the files we check them and make sure they are OK and
    this file got flagged.

    The CVS tree is fine, you might want to remove and update exit.c to make sure
    you have the current version in your tree however.

    The problem file is kernel/exit.c which has a few extra entries like so:

    revision 1.121
    date: 2003/11/04 16:44:19; author: davem; state: Exp; lines: +58 -0
    Oops, I worked on the the wrong file, fixed again.
    revision 1.120
    date: 2003/11/04 16:42:00; author: davem; state: Exp; lines: +0 -58
    *** empty log message ***
    revision 1.119
    date: 2003/11/04 16:22:47; author: davem; state: Exp; lines: +2 -0
    *** empty log message ***
    revision 1.118
    date: 2003/10/27 19:50:03; author: torvalds; state: Exp; lines: +11 -5
    Fix ZOMBIE race with self-reaping threads.

    exit_notify() used to leave a window open when a thread
    died that made the thread visible as a ZOMBIE even though
    the thread reaped itself. This closes that window by marking
    the thread DEAD within the tasklist_lock.

    (Logical change 1.14141)

    Notice how the top 3 do not have the (Logical change X.YZ) at the end?
    That is a pointer so you can figure out the changeset boundaries and
    it is added back here during the conversion process. The file here is
    fine which leads me to believe that someone modified the file either on or managed to get in through the pserver. Dave swears
    up and down that it wasn't him so if anyone can step forward and claim
    responsibility that would be nice.

    It's not a big deal, we catch stuff like this, but it's annoying to the
    CVS users.
    Larry McVoy lm at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.020 / U:18.000 seconds]