    Nick Piggin wrote:
    | Jan Dittmer wrote:
    |> I'm experiencing skips in games like q3demo and enemy territory on a
    |> dual xeon p4. That means, if I'm walking around, about every 2-3 seconds
    |> I'm skipping a bit of the way. It seems that the clock is running too
    |> slow and the games are trying to catch up every x seconds with the
    |> system time.
    | Please ensure that X is running at priority 0. Report back if you still
    | have the problem.

    It is. I've been running 2.6 on a dual p2 for quite some time, with good
    results. It is also running with priority 0 under 2.4.

    | nosmp has been broken for quite a while. If you want to try uniprocessor,
    | you'd have to compile a UP kernel.
    | You should get as good if not better interactivity with SMP enabled,
    | however.

    The problem does not seem interactivity, but some clocks which drift
    apart. The framerate is constantly above 100 fps, there are no
    background daemons/cron jobs running, remote top doesn't show any
    unusual activity. For now, after several reboots and switching back and
    forth between 2.6 and 2.4 it seems to be gone under 2.6. I'll see if it
    comes back again. I guess a 'vmstat 1` snapshot would be good in this case?

    Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.022 / U:107.352 seconds]