    SubjectRe: Things that Longhorn seems to be doing right
    Theodore Ts'o writes:

    > I believe that there is a big difference between, "I want the file
    > named /home/tytso/src/e2fsprogs/e2fsck/e2fsck.c", and "I remember
    > vaguely that 5 years ago, I read a paper about the effects of high-fat
    > diets on akida's, where the first name of the author was Tom". The
    > first is a filename lookup. The second is a search. I would like
    > better search tools for files in a filesystem, no doubt. But I would
    > never, ever put a search that might return an ambiguous number of
    > filesystem) in a Makefile as a source file.

    It is called "a directory". :) There is no crime in putting

    cc src/*.c

    into Makefile. I think that Hans' query-result-object denoting multiple
    objects is more like directory than single regular file.

    > - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.031 / U:35.560 seconds]