    SubjectRe: [patch] trivial change in kernel/sched.c in 2.6.0-test9+
    > > this ends up saving a few math operations any time a child
    > > process exits. ( calling sched_exit(task_t * p) )
    > Yes, but does it have any noticeable effect on performance whatsoever?
    > premature optimization, root of all evil, etc.

    I'm not on a system that I can take down long enough/crash testing
    right now that I could check this. And, to be honest, I can't think
    of anything other than a fork bomb that would do a good job of testing
    this. I just remembered helping con with O(3)int schedular hacks and
    he seemed concerned with how many math operations take place in sched.c
    due to it being in the core.

    If you can suggest a way to test this, I will test it on my system

    Pat Erley

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.019 / U:116.456 seconds]