SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test9-mm4 (does not boot)
On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 06:50:36PM +0100, Frank Dekervel wrote:
> hello
> something similar:
> catting /proc/bus/pnp/devices makes my system oops, doing it twice makes my
> system crash :p
> the oops looks very much like the oops (also bad EIP value, also no stack
> trace) i get on boot with the first patch (below) applied. As i already
> mailed, i need to revert that patch to make my system boot.
> this oops happens with all 3 patches below reverted, so i guess it'll happen
> too with stock test9.
> would the -mm5 pnp-fix-4.patch be worth a try ? it seems related
> thanks,
> greetings,
> frank

Thanks for the testing. I don't think pnp-fix-4.patch should affect this problem.
I will probably be creating a blacklist for PnPBIOS systems that have this bug.
Currently, I'm waiting to see if reading static resources has any positive affects
on some additional systems. If not then I may switch back to the the original
behavior. DMI information for your system would be helpful.