    SubjectRe: 2.6.0-test9-mm4 (does not boot)
    On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 06:50:36PM +0100, Frank Dekervel wrote:
    > hello
    >
    > something similar:
    >
    > catting /proc/bus/pnp/devices makes my system oops, doing it twice makes my
    > system crash :p
    >
    > the oops looks very much like the oops (also bad EIP value, also no stack
    > trace) i get on boot with the first patch (below) applied. As i already
    > mailed, i need to revert that patch to make my system boot.
    >
    > this oops happens with all 3 patches below reverted, so i guess it'll happen
    > too with stock test9.
    >
    > would the -mm5 pnp-fix-4.patch be worth a try ? it seems related
    >
    > thanks,
    > greetings,
    > frank

    Hi,

    Thanks for the testing. I don't think pnp-fix-4.patch should affect this problem.
    I will probably be creating a blacklist for PnPBIOS systems that have this bug.
    Currently, I'm waiting to see if reading static resources has any positive affects
    on some additional systems. If not then I may switch back to the the original
    behavior. DMI information for your system would be helpful.

    Thanks,
    Adam

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.041 / U:91.780 seconds]