SubjectRe: Using proc in chroot environments
    Hi Ville :)

* Ville Herva <> dixit:
> > - I must mount copies of devpts, usbfs, etc... under the 'second'
> > proc, too, and this is even more annoying.
> Mount them under /.../chroot/proc ? Hm.

That's what I'm doing right now (well I mount them under the /dev
directory of the chroot environment ;)

> > The perfect solution for me is to hardlink the proc directory of
> > the chrooted environment to the proc directory on the true root dir,
> > but since this is not possible, whan can I do instead of remounting a
> > second copy of proc (which, by the way, makes /proc/mounts a little
> > bit weird...)?
> mount --bind is closest to hardlink you can get and it works. But I don't
> know if that is that much different from mounting proc second time.

For other filesystems I don't know, for proc is more or less the
same, except maybe that --bind maybe doesn't show proc mounted twice

Thanks :))

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

Linux Registered User 88736 &

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.057 / U:1.312 seconds]