    SubjectRe: Using proc in chroot environments
        Hi Ville :)

    * Ville Herva <vherva@niksula.hut.fi> dixit:
    > > - I must mount copies of devpts, usbfs, etc... under the 'second'
    > > proc, too, and this is even more annoying.
    > Mount them under /.../chroot/proc ? Hm.

    That's what I'm doing right now (well I mount them under the /dev
    directory of the chroot environment ;)

    > > The perfect solution for me is to hardlink the proc directory of
    > > the chrooted environment to the proc directory on the true root dir,
    > > but since this is not possible, whan can I do instead of remounting a
    > > second copy of proc (which, by the way, makes /proc/mounts a little
    > > bit weird...)?
    > mount --bind is closest to hardlink you can get and it works. But I don't
    > know if that is that much different from mounting proc second time.

    For other filesystems I don't know, for proc is more or less the
    same, except maybe that --bind maybe doesn't show proc mounted twice
    :???

    Thanks :))

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

    --