    SubjectRe: kernel.bkbits.net off the air
    On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 08:35:33AM -0800, Davide Libenzi wrote:
    > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Larry McVoy wrote:
    >
    > > One of us is not getting it, maybe it's me. To build something like
    > > you describe is pretty easy IF AND ONLY IF all you are asking for is an
    > > update mechanism. As soon as you want revision history, diffs, rollbacks,
    > > modifiable files, etc., you have to go to real BK. Is that OK? All you
    >
    > Spec for bk-lite:
    >
    > 1) Binary with "no worky on other SCM" kinda license
    > 2) update+history+diff (no rollbacks, no modifiable files, no etc...)
    >
    > In that way all current users of bk2cvs, bk2svn, bk2xxx can simply do a
    > pull from a bk repo and have they own scripts on their local machine to do
    > their bk2xxx. It will be a lower headache for you and for kernel.org
    > maintainers. Is it feasible ?

    update, yes. history, no, use bk/web. diffs, no, use bk/web or bk. building
    it is certainly possible and you could do it yourself. We already built the
    cvs exporter which is a lot nicer than what you are asking for and building
    another thing for another 6 users seems pointless. If you want to pay for the
    engineering then contact me offline.
    --
    ---