    SubjectRe: kernel.bkbits.net off the air
    Am Don, den 13.11.2003 schrieb Larry McVoy um 17:27:

    > I suppose it sounds like we don't want to give out more free engineering
    > but let's put things into perspective. The CVS server has about 6 users.

    I really do believe you about the amount of users. That's probably
    because CVS sucks rocks and everyone complaining about it doesn't make
    it better. Shut it down and we'll all have a merrier live.

    What really makes me mad though is that there's no permanent way to
    retrieve and update current kernels at the moment for those who don't
    want or cannot use BK. I'm waiting for quite some period to get SVN back
    online so I can continue the merging work I've been trying to do. And
    yes, I'm one of those fools who are stuck behind a huge 64k
    pay-big-bucks-for-the-minute and really have troubles changing back and
    forth between several mechanisms to get current versions
    (ftp/rsync/CVS/SVN), especially since Linus obviously doesn't release
    patches as frequently anymore since he uses BK. :(

    --
    Servus,
    Daniel

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:3.484 / U:0.028 seconds]