SubjectRe: [RFCI] How best to partition MD/raid devices in 2.6
Hi Neil,

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Neil Brown wrote:

> 4/ just use 'dm', or write a new 'md' module that can present a
> partition of a device. Then leave the setup to user-space.
> This is least impact on the kernel, but most impact on
> user-space. It would not be too hard to create a userspace tool

From a user/admin POV, I'd say go with dm. Even the 'virt-partition
by way of dm' isnt needed if you have LVM tools, but I guess might be
nice to obviate need for extra tools. (though, I couldnt live without
LVM anymore, its just /too/ useful.).

Paul Jakma Key ID: 64A2FF6A
warning: do not ever send email to
It is against the law for a monster to enter the corporate limits of
Urbana, Illinois.