SubjectRe: kernel.bkbits.net off the air
Hi,

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> So if all individual mails were archived somewhere with correct sequence
> numbers, they could be used to recreate the whole repository in whatever format
> you want. I guess it's just a matter of importing them like patches into arch.

The problematic part are "correct sequence numbers" here. These numbers in
the commit list mails are pretty much useless. At least the numbers in
this line:

# ChangeSet 1.1437+1.1350.5.10 -> 1.1438

have to be replaced with a unique identifier. This identifier does exist,
e.g. it's visible in the exclude mails.
As soon as someone finds out how to export changesets in this format and
stores them somewhere, other people can make use of this data.
Unfortunately it's rather unlikely that anyone who can do the first, knows
also how to do the latter (but maybe Larry can tell us the trick).
Anyway, if someone has this data I'd be interested in a copy.

bye, Roman

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.153 / U:0.012 seconds]