SubjectRe: kernel.bkbits.net off the air
On Fri, 2003-11-14 10:56:56 +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
wrote in message <Pine.GSO.4.21.0311141051440.2853-100000@waterleaf.sonytel.be>:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Tupshin Harper wrote:
> > Davide Libenzi wrote:
> > As one of the six, I would happily 2nd the shutting down of the
> > pserver...rsync is fine with me. I would actually prefer no CVS archive
> > at all as long as the raw changesets were rsyncable...then the community
> > would be responsible for doing something useful with them instead of BM.
>
> Just wondering: the emails sent to the bk-commits mailing lists are just all
> changesets in a `neutral' format that contains all meta information, right?

These changesets represent what someone "submitted". You can't expect
these to apply cleanly. I've tried once, it will not work.

> So if all individual mails were archived somewhere with correct sequence
> numbers, they could be used to recreate the whole repository in whatever format
> you want. I guess it's just a matter of importing them like patches into arch.

Nope. You'll have to heal with conflicts first.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.090 / U:0.028 seconds]