SubjectRe: kernel.bkbits.net off the air
On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:14:27AM -0800, Davide Libenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Larry McVoy wrote:
>
> > I suppose it sounds like we don't want to give out more free engineering
> > but let's put things into perspective. The CVS server has about 6 users.
> > It's cost us a pile of money to build and support that technology.
> > For 6 users. On the other hand, there are thousands if not tens of
>
> Larry, if there are really six users (i'm one of them, rsync) among
> pserver and rsync access, I am the first to tell you shut it down. It is
> not worth. On the other hand IIRC it was you that, when Pavel showed up
> with the bitbucket hack to extract metadata from BK, volunteered to do it
> internally inside BM. Do I remember correctly?

Not really, the revision history of the CVS gateway predates Pavel's so-called
hacks.

I don't mind us supporting this gateway for the small number of users, if it
makes them happy, that's fine. What I mind is people coming back and asking
for more stuff for a tiny number of people. That doesn't make sense. We
should put our efforts into helping the people using BK, not the people using
CVS. If you want to help yourselves, that's a fine idea, go for it.
--
---