    SubjectRe: [RFC 0/5] Backing Store for sysfs (Overhauled)
    On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:34:04AM -0800, Patrick Mochel wrote:

    > I still think that keeping the directories static and only creating the
    > leaf (file) dentries dynamically is the best tradeoff between complexity
    > and memory consumption.

    Sounds like after the locking in the current patches fixed, this
    should perhaps be implemented and compared for locking complexity
    and memory consumption.

    > It will require some minor infrastructural modification to associate a
    > kobject with all of its leaf nodes, but the result will be cleaner, and
    > the worst-case memory consumption will be less than your patches with a
    > per-attribute-per-kobject data structure (which there currently isn't).

    Would a smaller replacement for the sysfs_dirent structure to link
    just leaf nodes to kobject be close to what infrastructural
    modifications you are talking about ?

    Thanks
    Dipankar

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.019 / U:1.876 seconds]