    SubjectRe: Floppy in 2.6
    Date
    In article <yw1xekwxx9vf.fsf@kth.se>,
    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?= <mru@kth.se> wrote:
    | Jakub Krajcovic <news.receive@zoznam.sk> writes:
    |
    | > In 2.4 there was the option for "normal floppy support" and I have the
    | > /dev/fd0 device for my floppy when I boot the old 2.4.22 kernel. So my
    | > question is: does the 2.6 kernel support normal floppy disks or not?
    | > And if it does, how do I enable this support in order to use my floppy
    | > drive.
    |
    | It's there. In menuconfig it's "Device Drivers" -> "Block devices" ->
    | "Normal floppy disk support".
    |
    | Who uses floppy disks nowadays, anyway?

    People who are non-power users, people who support hardware devices
    which use them and which cost too much to scrap and replace.

    If I could find a good way to attach old 8 inch floppies to a PC using
    reasonably available hardware I would, it would allow me to retire what
    I use now. Since there's money in being able to do that, I do.
    --
    bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc