    SubjectRe: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt
    Date
    In article <20031105102238.GJ1477@suse.de>, Jens Axboe  <axboe@suse.de> wrote:

    | It isn't a problem of the recorder program. But some drives wont read
    | the very end of a disc unless there are some pad blocks at the end.
    | Thus, you should always use the cdrecord pad option.

    I think the previous answer, some devices will read without pad and some
    won't, is probably a good place to stop. It turns out that some device
    not only don't need the pad, but will read it if you are in the raw read
    mode, and thus "read more than you wrote" of data. For iso9660 images
    being mounted the pad option should be used, and I believe that it does
    in fact default to on in recent versions of cdrecord.

    In any case I would add "with iso9660 images" to your fine advice, and
    suggest that getting the iso filesystem size (from isoinfo) and reading
    exactly that much is still probably desirable. There are too many TAO
    vs. DAO and -pad or not magic solutions, unfortunately, and too much
    dubious firmware for anything else to work every time.
    --
    bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
    CTO, TMR Associates, Inc