SubjectRe: POSIX message queues
Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> > In another words: is our implementation in the position
> > of NGPT or better? ;-)
>
> I don't understand. Why NGPT and what about "position"?

He is asking if the work will be wasted effort that is dismissed or
superceded, like NGPT was.

> If you mean
> including a solution in the runtime (librt), sure, this will happen.
> But not before I see a solution in the official kernel.

Speaking of librt - I should not have to link in pthreads and the
run-time overhead associated with it (locking stdio etc.) just so I
can use shm_open(). Any chance of fixing this?

-- Jamie

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans