    SubjectRe: getting timestamp of last interrupt?
    Karim Yaghmour wrote:

    > Hans-Georg Thien wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for a possibility to read out the last timestamp when an
    >> interrupt has occured.
    >>
    >> e.g.: the user presses a key on the keyboard. Where can I read out the
    >> timestamp of this event?
    >>
    >> To be more precise, I 'm looking for
    >>
    >> ( )a function call
    >> ( ) a callback where I can register to be notified when an event occurs
    >> ( ) a global accessible variable
    >> ( ) a /proc entry
    >>
    >> or something like that.
    >>
    >> Any ideas ?
    >

    > Have a look at the Linux Trace Toolkit:
    > http://www.opersys.com/LTT/
    > It records micro-second time-stamps for quite a few events, including
    > interrupts.

    thanke a lot for reply Karim,

    but I think that LTT does not fit to my needs. It needs to modify the
    kernel - and that is what I want to avoid.

    I'm looking for a already existing built-in capability.

    Maybe signal SIGIO is a solution, if it does not

    (x) give me *every* IO event
    (x) has to much overhead - I have to respond to keyboard/mouse events, *not*
    disk events
    grafic card events
    eth event
    etc. ...

    - Hans

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.021 / U:119.372 seconds]