SubjectRe: getting timestamp of last interrupt?
Karim Yaghmour wrote:

> Hans-Georg Thien wrote:
>> I am looking for a possibility to read out the last timestamp when an
>> interrupt has occured.
>> e.g.: the user presses a key on the keyboard. Where can I read out the
>> timestamp of this event?
>> To be more precise, I 'm looking for
>> ( )a function call
>> ( ) a callback where I can register to be notified when an event occurs
>> ( ) a global accessible variable
>> ( ) a /proc entry
>> or something like that.
>> Any ideas ?
> Have a look at the Linux Trace Toolkit:
> It records micro-second time-stamps for quite a few events, including
> interrupts.
thanke a lot for reply Karim,

but I think that LTT does not fit to my needs. It needs to modify the
kernel - and that is what I want to avoid.

I'm looking for a already existing built-in capability.

Maybe signal SIGIO is a solution, if it does not

(x) give me *every* IO event
(x) has to much overhead - I have to respond to keyboard/mouse events, *not*
disk events
grafic card events
eth event
etc. ...