SubjectRe: e1000 -> 82540EM on linux 2.6.0-test[45] very slow in one direction
Ookhoi wrote (ao):
> Florian Zwoch wrote (ao):
> > issue seems to partly solved. the e1000 driver seems to be ok!
> > i reconfigured my kernel and intentionally left out netfilter options.
> > after that my network performance was back to normal.
> >
> > netfilter was only compiled in the kernel. it was not used with any rules!
> >
> > so my wild guess would be that something with the netfilter code (i am
> > not 100% sure it was netfilter.. _maybe_ it was some small odd kernel
> > option i accidently enabled/disabled) is broken since test3 (again
> > uncertified. but i firstly noticed this switching from test3 to test4).

> I have netfilter enabled, and will try another -test6 kernel with
> netfilter not compiled in to see if that indeed makes a difference.

I can confirm now that disabling netfilter in 2.6.0-test6 makes the nic
perform oke wrt upload.
I (just like Florian) had no iptables rules active in the former
2.6.0-test6 kernel, but netfilter was compiled in.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans