    SubjectRe: must-fix list reconciliation

    Randy.Dunlap wrote:

    >On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:34:37 +0100 Matthew Wilcox <> wrote:
    >| On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 07:19:51PM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:
    >| > Hi everyone,
    >| > As you might or might not know, the must-fix / should-fix lists have been
    >| > inadvertently forked. We are merging them again, so please don't update
    >| > the wiki until we have worked out what to do with them. This should be a
    >| > day or two at most.
    >| >
    >| > I had the idea that maybe we could put them into the source tree, and
    >| > encourage people to keep them up to date by making them become criteria
    >| > for the feature and code freeze. Comments?
    >| I'm a little disappointed that after I spent time converting them into
    >| the wiki form, you're now proposing abandoning them again. This seems
    >| like a retrograde step.

    To be honest I don't really like the wiki. I'd rather changes go through
    lkml where its easier to discuss them and keep up with them. Thats just my
    preference though. I don't know what anyone else thinks.

    >| What I'd be more interested in doing is combining the must- and should-
    >| fix lists. As a first pass, just put all the must-fix items on the
    >| should-fix list at pri 4. One of the things I did was delete the things
    >| that appeared on both lists. This would obviously be easier if they
    >| were in one list ;-)

    Yes, and even easier if there was just one editor.
    eg. there 2 drivers/acpi sections in the mustfix list on wiki.

    I'd like to keep the 2 lists seperate. The must-fix list is concise and easy
    to scan the whole thing. I guess this isn't a problem if there is one

    >Agreed on that. I think the location is not the problem (whether
    >source tree or wiki), it's just an extra step to keep them updated,
    >and having no owner (or _many_ owners) often doesn't work.
    >Is one of you (or the two of you) willing to be the owner/editor?

    If it ends up going into a source tree, I can be the editor / maintainer.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.024 / U:0.800 seconds]