SubjectRe: backport AMD K7 MCE changes.
Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com> writes:
> */
> - if(c->x86 == 6 || c->x86 == 15)
> +
> + if(c->x86 == 6 || c->x86 == 15) {
> + startbank = 1;

Can you please add comments to such magic changes ?

I still think we should not do anything without an official errata.

The K7 actually has two MCE enable registers: a mask that is only
supposed to be programmed by the BIOS and works around bugs and the
standardized IA32 register controlled by the OS. I suspect your case
only happens with some buggy BIOS that doesn't program the shadow mask
correctly. This would imply that it would make more sense to test it
and program it correctly based on a known good value.

-Andi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.024 / U:0.016 seconds]