SubjectSuspend to disk panicked in -test9.
Date
Unfortunately, while I was writing down the panic on a piece of paper, the
screen blanking code kicked in while I was still copying down the register
values. I remember that the call trace mentioned some variant of a
write_stuff_to_disk call, but that's not that useful...

When is the last time that the screen blanking code actually accomplished
something useful? These days it seems to exist for the purpose of destroying
panic call traces and annoying people. (I seem to remember that pressing a
key used to make it come back, but now we're forced to use the input core
that no longer seems to be the case...)

I also seem to remember a patch floating by on the list that would make
console screen blanking go away. I really think console screen blanking NOT
being enabled should be the default these days. Or at the very least, when
there's a panic it should get shut off. I'll add looking into that to my
to-do list, but will probably get to it somewhere around 2009...

Rob

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.498 / U:0.848 seconds]