SubjectRe: Floppy in 2.6
On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 23:42:12 at 11:42:12PM +0100, Måns Rullgård (mru@kth.se) wrote:

> Who uses floppy disks nowadays, anyway?

The many, many people who do need new kernel functionalities, but need
to control all their existing hardware and simply won't trash a
perfectly good PC just because it's the trendy thing to do, since:

they can find a ton of more meaningful uses of the same money (dance
classes, extra days of vacation, clothes, theater...)

they simply don't have that money

See the project in my signature, or the "Unbloating the kernel" thread
here for the big picture.

Ciao,
Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it
Red Hat for low memory http://www.rule-project.org/en/

"Get real! This is a discussion group, not a helpdesk. You post
something, we discuss its implications. If the discussion happens to
answer a question you've asked, that's incidental."
-- nobull in comp.lang.perl.misc

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.144 / U:0.092 seconds]