    SubjectRe: Blockbusting news, results end

    On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 03:05:04PM +0300, Hans Reiser wrote:
    > >HR> Badblocks support is in reiser4, and anyone is welcome to update the
    > >HR> patch for V3, or sponsor us to do it. We are very low on cash, so we
    > >Actually that v3 patch does not do bad blocks remapping in case of
    > >write failure, it only does remapping when you manually ask it.
    > >And biggest part of badblocks support in reiser3 is in reiserfsck and tools
    > >(and in not that bad shape, last time I looked).
    > >As for remapping bad blocks on write failure, the only PC OS that was doing
    > >this that comes to my mind is Novell Netware (I think they called it a
    > >"hotfix"
    > >or something like that).
    > I wasn't saying we would do what is in Netware, and as far as being in

    Sure, I was not claiming this either, but original man seems to be implying
    such a feature as something common.

    > bad shape is concerned, from the user's point of view it either works or
    > it doesn't.

    Sure. And in modern desktop world it does not work (if SMART does not want to
    do it).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.023 / U:8.584 seconds]