SubjectRe: srfs - a new file system.
On Wed Oct 22, 2003 at 12:05:46PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:57:09 MDT, Erik Andersen said:
>
> > Suppose I install srfs on both my laptop and my server. I then
> > move the CVS repository for my pet project onto the new srfs
> > filesystem and I take off for the weekend with my laptop. Over
> > the weekend I commit several changes to file X. Over the weekend
> > my friend also commits several changes to file X.
> >
> > When I get home and plug in my laptop, presumably the caching
> > daemon will try to stabalize the system by deciding which version
> > of file X was changed last and replicating that latest version.
>
> Hey Larry - potential BitKeeper customer here. :)

Not so much a potential BitKeeper customer, as pointing out that
the distributed filesystems prople are attacking the same
fundamental problem as the distributed version control folks.

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen http://codepoet-consulting.com/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.061 / U:0.060 seconds]