    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] udev 003 release
    On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 19:44, Greg KH wrote:
    > On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 05:38:02AM +0200, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
    > >
    > > Been in the tree for about a week - removed it though (0.2), so only
    > > have 003 presently. I also missed the /etc/hotplug.d/default/ symlink,
    > > so initial integration needs tweaking.
    >
    > Do you also have the latest hotplug scripts in gentoo?

    Yep.

    No, I installed the binary by hand for some reason at the time,
    so missed the creation in the makefile (my screwup =).

    > > So far have not had any complaints, except for minimal support at this
    > > stage, but hey, its still early in the game =)
    >
    > Nice. Be sure to let me know if you do hear any.
    >
    > Remember, gentoo needs to wean itself off of devfs for 2.6...

    Busy =)

    > > Also, I am using ramfs for now to do the device nodes, and have not
    > > looked at minimal /dev layout, although I guess it is not that minimal,
    > > as even the input drivers lack udev (sysfs) support currently it seems.
    > > Wat was the last eta for initramfs again ?
    >
    > initramfs is in the kernel, you use it to boot already :)

    OK ... I do though remember you saying it should be possible to have
    initramfs get the initial /dev going ... any docs on that ?

    --

    Martin Schlemmer

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.028 / U:0.556 seconds]