    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] udev 003 release
    On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 04:43, Greg KH wrote:

    > > > The naming will be consistant from now on. Next release will be 004,
    > > > followed by 005, and so on. Remember, version numbers mean nothing :)
    > > >

    > > Well, if you had an 0.2 already, 003 sorda comes and screw the pooch
    > > (if trying to work with a package manager - although it seems we are
    > > OK with ours seeing 003 as the later) :)
    >
    > Exactly, switching this early is fine by all of the package managers
    > I've looked at. Does this mean you have a udev gentoo package
    > somewhere?

    Been in the tree for about a week - removed it though (0.2), so only
    have 003 presently. I also missed the /etc/hotplug.d/default/ symlink,
    so initial integration needs tweaking.

    So far have not had any complaints, except for minimal support at this
    stage, but hey, its still early in the game =)

    Also, I am using ramfs for now to do the device nodes, and have not
    looked at minimal /dev layout, although I guess it is not that minimal,
    as even the input drivers lack udev (sysfs) support currently it seems.
    Wat was the last eta for initramfs again ?

    > > > Of course you need a kernel patch for the sound class that is only
    > > > available in my kernel tree right now for sound devices to work with
    > > > udev...
    > > >

    > > Need help testing ? :) (Yes, I am a lazy bastard, and a patch against
    > > test8 would help if you needed the testing)
    >
    > I need to get these class patches out sometime soon, been too busy
    > lately...

    NP, thanks anyhow.

    Thanks,

    --

    Martin Schlemmer

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.023 / U:0.944 seconds]