SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] udev 003 release
On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 04:43, Greg KH wrote:

> > > The naming will be consistant from now on. Next release will be 004,
> > > followed by 005, and so on. Remember, version numbers mean nothing :)
> > >

> > Well, if you had an 0.2 already, 003 sorda comes and screw the pooch
> > (if trying to work with a package manager - although it seems we are
> > OK with ours seeing 003 as the later) :)
>
> Exactly, switching this early is fine by all of the package managers
> I've looked at. Does this mean you have a udev gentoo package
> somewhere?

Been in the tree for about a week - removed it though (0.2), so only
have 003 presently. I also missed the /etc/hotplug.d/default/ symlink,
so initial integration needs tweaking.

So far have not had any complaints, except for minimal support at this
stage, but hey, its still early in the game =)

Also, I am using ramfs for now to do the device nodes, and have not
looked at minimal /dev layout, although I guess it is not that minimal,
as even the input drivers lack udev (sysfs) support currently it seems.
Wat was the last eta for initramfs again ?

> > > Of course you need a kernel patch for the sound class that is only
> > > available in my kernel tree right now for sound devices to work with
> > > udev...
> > >

> > Need help testing ? :) (Yes, I am a lazy bastard, and a patch against
> > test8 would help if you needed the testing)
>
> I need to get these class patches out sometime soon, been too busy
> lately...

NP, thanks anyhow.

Thanks,

--