    SubjectRe: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Re: FBDEV 2.6.0-test7 updates.
    The people writing the AGP driver have added their ID's in the wrong format.
    ATI wants the IDs in the two letter form, not family/chip. The fbdev patch has
    the ID's in correct form. The AGP driver should be the one that gets changed.

    --- James Simmons <jsimmons@infradead.org> wrote:

    > > - Could I2C be ported to kernel I2C api and separated?, so it use would not
    > > require the fbdev module loaded.
    >
    > I don't think that can be done. At least not easily.
    >
    > > - PCI IDs list should be in pci_ids.h as every other drivers, reality is
    > > that adding new IDs to pci_ids.h is not hard so your driver will not be the
    > > exception to the rule.
    >
    > I agree here. We do need to watch out for the AGP drivers. Changing PCI
    > Id's can break them. I dicovered that recently.

    =====
    Jon Smirl
    jonsmirl@yahoo.com