    SubjectRe: [RFC] frandom - fast random generator module
    Allow me to supply a couple facts about frandom:

    * It's not a "crappy" RNG. Its RC4 origins and the fact, that it has
    passed tests indicate the opposite. A fast RNG doesn't necessarily mean
    a bad one. I doubt if any test will tell the difference between frandom
    and any other good RNG. You're most welcome to try.

    * Frandom is written completely in C. On an i686, gcc compiles the
    critical part to 26 assembly instructions per byte, and I doubt if any
    hand assembly would help significantly. The algorithms is clean and
    simple, and the compiler performs well with it.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:58    [W:0.018 / U:7.876 seconds]