    SubjectRe: make htmldocs
    On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 11:46:02AM +0200, Erik Mouw wrote:
    > On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 06:55:39PM +0200, Karel Kulhav? wrote:
    > > *** You need to install DocBook stylesheets ***
    > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > >
    > > 1) What is DocBook stylesheets?
    > Standard SGML representation system for technical documents.

    Is it a program, set of documents or what? Is it self-contained
    anywhere so I can download that at once?

    Coul you please point me to a specification of an object called
    "DocBook stylesheets"?

    > > 2) How do I install DocBook stylesheets?
    > Depends on distribution.

    How do I determine what distribution I have? I have compiled my whole system

    Asking again: how do I install "DocBook stylesheets"?

    > > 3) Bugreport: there should be written
    > > "Linux kernel depends on DocBook stylesheets. You may download DocBook
    > > stylesheets here-and-there." in README
    > Depends on distribution. We also don't tell for every distribution
    > where to get gcc and how to install it.

    Do you say that the place where DocBook stylesheet sources can be downloaded
    depends on distribution I have? I have been looking at their sourceforge
    project page but there is nothing like "download DocBook stylesheets".
    There are DocBook-dsssl and a ton of other cryptic packages but none of them
    is stylesheets.

    If there doesn't exist any distribution-idependent installation process
    for "DocBook stylesheets", then "DocBook stylesheets" is not portable,
    and transitively, "Linux Kernel" is not portable. Could you please
    recommend me some other open-source free operating system where I don't
    need to have a "distribution" to be even able to read it's enclosed
    documentation? I have been using Linux Kernel for 7 years but can't anymore
    because I am unable to read it's manual.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.071 / U:84.816 seconds]