SubjectRe: make htmldocs -- docbook-utils
On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 08:42:56AM -0600, Shawn Willden wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2003 07:44 am, Karel Kulhavý wrote:
>
> > Please supply either a guide how to compile HTML docs for kernel into
> > README or a pointer to it INCLUDING SETTING UP DOCBOOK STYLESHEETS ON
> > USER'S MACHINE
>
> Please write such a guide after you figure out how to do it and submit it
> as a patch.
>
> Be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Otherwise, you're
> certainly free to use one of the other operating systems that have been
> recommended. Threats and bluster won't get you any further than whining.
> A bit of work on your own, on the other hand, will get you what you want,
> and a willingness to share is a great way to show appreciation for what
> others have given you for free.

OK, I agree with you. This is what my ideal world of free software looks like
:)

I am trying to figure out the guide but ran into numerous problems.

First I tried to install the sources of docbook-utils from Debian
sources, either with or without their patch. Neither of them installs the required db2html
script db2html.

Then I tried to install docbook-utils-0.6.13 from freshmeat.net's docbook-utils
entry. It required jade (some kind of UNIX editor) jade required librep (LISP
interpreter and virtual machine) librep first seemed to require gmp but then I
discovered it can be built without GMP

Having installed librep and jade, I tried to compiile the docbook-utils-0.6.13
but it crashes during make on cryptic message:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/clock/docbook-utils-0.6.13/doc/HTML'
SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/etc/sgml/catalog \
SGML_SEARCH_PATH=../..:../../doc:.. \
jade -t sgml -i html -d ../../docbook-utils.dsl\#html \
-V '%use-id-as-filename%' ../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml
make[2]: *** [api.html] Error 5
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/clock/docbook-utils-0.6.13/doc/HTML'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/clock/docbook-utils-0.6.13/doc'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Do you have any suggestion what it could be? All the prerequisites
seem to be installed.

Cl<

> In case it may be of assistance, I have attached the db2html script from my
> system.
>
> Shawn.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.908 / U:0.288 seconds]