    SubjectRe: make htmldocs

    Tried this. It wants jade. Installed jade. jade is a X Window
    System appliaction. During compilation of
    docbook-utils-0.6.13 I got a message:
    Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

    I am doing this on a router where I have no X server. How can
    I view Linux Kernel HTML documentation on a router where I have got only
    an ssh access and no X server?

    I suggest considering replacing the DocBook bloatware for something
    more sane in the kernel tree. You could maybe generate the html
    docs yourself and simply put them somewhere into the Documentation/
    directory into the kernel sources. Or at least on the web, but then
    the people offline couldn't even read the instruction manual for their

    > Dude, he was just trying to ask what distro you use, in order to help you
    > out. Of course how you install it changes based on the distro you're
    > using.

    I don't use any distro. I have compiled my operating system from scratch.

    > > If there doesn't exist any distribution-idependent installation process
    > > for "DocBook stylesheets", then "DocBook stylesheets" is not portable,
    > > and transitively, "Linux Kernel" is not portable.
    > Given than most Linux distros are open source themselves, and that the

    Your talk about distros is OT. I don't have any distro. I have built my
    system from the source. I just
    want to know how to build the kernel HTML docs.

    I have built Gnome, Qt, Xfree86, gcc, glibc, j2sdk1.4.1 and mozille from
    sources, but haven't used dpkg or rpm yet.

    If Linux Kernel is package-only, please tell me. I will do a cat /dev/zero >
    /dev/hda then and move on to OBSD then.