    SubjectRe: current_is_kswapd is a function
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > It would probably be worthwhile teaching the compiler to generate a warning
    > in this case; I doubt if anyone is likely to want to find out at runtime
    > whether the linker happened to place a particular function at address zero.
    > I shall suggest that.

    I agree it would be a very useful warning.

    Testing the address is useful occasionally, to ask whether the target
    of a weak linkage reference was linked in, so a syntax is needed to
    suppress the warning, such as "&function != 0".

    -- Jamie

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.024 / U:10.640 seconds]