SubjectRe: Who changed /proc/<pid>/ in 2.6.0-test5-bk9?

On 1 Oct 2003, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> It certainly seems to me that the intent of /proc/self is
> to point to a "process", which is a tgid in kernel terms.

My argument against that is that it actually loses information. Now there
is no way to easily look up the current thread stuff.

If /proc/self points to a thread, it's easy to look up the process with a

So in that sense it's a bad interface to point to the process, not the

> I think there is something clearly defective about having
> the /proc/self link point to a hidden directory.

It's not hidden. It would just point to the real thread directory..