SubjectRe: File Permissions are incorrect. Security flaw in Linux
Just a helpful hint for the future: Do no jump to conclusions so easily.
You originally stated there's a bug in linux. This probably rubbed
people the wrong way, people here work hard on linux, some are grumpy,
and for someone to come in here and tell them "here's a big fat bug in
linux" when in fact it isn't a bug, well, many good people could become
not so friendly. If you would have said "Clarification needed, is this
a bug?" or something, I think you would have gotten less hostile replies.

Then again, maybe you're on to something, I've been very nice,
unassuming and cordial about my filesystem cache question, maybe I need
get a response. :(

Sincerely,

Brett

Lisa R. Nelson wrote:

> Ok, ok, I get it... It was an oversight on my part. But I'm sure
> surprised about some of the hostile replies I received. So much for a
> friendly group. People should remember that there's ALWAYS someone that
> knows more that YOU. In my case it was about permissions, what is it in
> your case? Microsoft scores points on being friendly... Yuck...
> Microsoft....

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:49    [W:0.069 / U:0.220 seconds]