    Subjectexception tables in 2.5.55
    I'm building for the v850, which has no MMU.

    Starting with 2.5.55, I'm getting link errors like:

    kernel/extable.c:29: undefined reference to `search_extable'

    I didn't have to worry about this with earlier kernels, and it looks
    like what happened is that previously arch-specific code was
    consolidated into the generic kernel.

    As far as I can see, the purpose of exception tables is to deal with
    unexpected memory access traps and on the v850, this basically can't
    happen (there's no MMU, and no way I know of to detect non-existant
    memory). So I'd like to make the generic exception handling stuff
    optional.

    However, I'm not sure the best way to do this -- I could try to make it
    dependent on CONFIG_MMU, but are there non-MMU processors that _can_
    usefully use exception tables (in which case perhaps there should just
    be a separate CONFIG_EXTABLES or something)?

    [Oh, and also, please tell me if I'm mistaken about the purpose of
    these tables and really _should_ just implement them.]

    Thanks,

    -Miles
    --
    Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
    has to be us. -- Jerry Garcia