    SubjectRe: Nvidia and its choice to read the GPL "differently"
    On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 06:14:20PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
    > GNU, the system we were developing, was most of the early GNU/Linux
    > system in 1992. GNU in 1992 included non-GNU packages such as X11,
    > and TeX.

    Wow. That might be one for the quotes file:

    "GNU ... was of the early GNU/Linux system. GNU ... included non-GNU"

    Well, that certainly explains a lot. If you define GNU as "anything
    which might be found on a Linux distro including non-GNU packages",
    your position starts to make a certain twisted sense. Only one problem
    with that: if it wasn't GNU, it wasn't GNU, which means, Richard, you
    are crackin' smoke and may need a vacation. 19 years of hard effort is
    a long time, have you considered retirement? You've certainly earned it.

    Oh, by the way, have you updated the GNU kernel pages to reflect the new
    proper name: Linux/Hurd? I'd really appreciate it if you could get to that.
    --
    ---