SubjectRe: Gauntlet Set NOW!
Richard Stallman wrote:

> That's not the FSF's view. Our view is that just using structure
> definitions, typedefs, enumeration constants, macros with simple
> bodies, etc., is NOT enough to make a derivative work. It would take
> a substantial amount of code (coming from inline functions or macros
> with substantial bodies) to do that.

The last part doesn't make a lot of sense.

Use of an inline function is just that: usage. It matters not at
all whether that function is invoked via inline integration or via
subroutine call. This is merely an implementation detail within
the code which provides that function.

Such functions are part of the offered API which have global scope,
that's all.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:1.088 / U:0.012 seconds]