    SubjectRe: [Linux-fbdev-devel] Re: rotation.
    On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 11:24:22AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
    > On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, James Simmons wrote:
    > > I'm about to implement rotation which is needed for devices like the ipaq.
    > > The question is do we flip the xres and yres values depending on the
    > > rotation or do we just alter the data that will be drawn to make the
    > > screen appear to rotate. How does hardware rotate view the x and y axis?
    > > Are they rotated or does just the data get rotated?
    > Where are you going to implement the rotation? At the fbcon or fbdev level?
    > Fbcon has the advantage that it'll work for all frame buffer devices.

    But you could also provide driver hooks for the chips which have such a
    rotation feature included (don't know if such exist, but i suppose they
    do, or may in the future).

    So, we also support fbcon for not left to righ locales ?

    Sven Luther

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.020 / U:190.356 seconds]