SubjectKernel configurator request
Date
Traditionally, kernel configurators have produced .config files like
this:

#
# Automatically generated make config: don't edit
#
[Very general options]

#
# Code maturity level options
#
[Code maturity level options]

#
# General setup
#
[General setup options]

..etc...

My kernel bug database parses .config files, and currently, if it
detects comments, (which don't appear to be commented out options), it
uses them to present a sorted list of options to the user. (If there
are no comments, it remains uncategorised).

The problem is that at the moment the first, very general options, get
categorised under "Automatically generated make config: don't edit".

Obviously I can work around this, but it would seem to me to be better
to have the kernel configurators generate .config files like this:

#
# Automatically generated make config: don't edit
#

#
# Very general options
#
[Very general options]

#
# Code maturity level options
#
[Code maturity level options]

#
# General setup
#
[General setup options]

..etc...

John.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.032 / U:0.400 seconds]