    SubjectRe: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in closed source drivers?
    > []
    > And we all agree that they are the leader in the free software financial
    > success stories, right? Who's bigger? IBM? Let's see, spent $1B and
    > by their own statements "almost have made that back". Hmm, running at
    > a loss but going to make it up on volume.
    > Now let's compare to some closed source companies:
    > Company Factor more revenue than Red Hat
    > Microsoft 370
    > Oracle 116
    > Sun 150
    > You get the idea. Sun makes more in 2 days than Red Hat makes all year.
    > It doesn't even take Microsoft a whole day to make what Red Hat makes in
    > a year.

    Warning: stdin:8: comparison is always false due to limited range of data.

    Even if I overlook that you're effectively comparing the incomparable,
    Microsoft making 370 times more than RedHat says _nothing_ about their
    actual achievement in terms of software development. Should you insist
    on that correlation, though, I'd recommend you cancel your Wired magazine
    subscription as soon as possible, because continuing to read their stuff
    might put your health at stake. <g>

    Tomas Szepe <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.020 / U:37.344 seconds]