    SubjectRe: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in non-free drivers?
    Richard Stallman <> writes:

    > [...] They say that open source usually leads to more powerful and
    > reliable software. [...]

    Who are "they" and how do "they" put proof to this claim? This is one
    of the biggest lies of the open source community that I read again and

    Most of the open source software works "about so". Do we have a bullet
    proof USB stack? WLAN drivers? DHCP code? ACPI? APM (which is about
    what? eight years old?)?

    Open Source code most of the times is a collection of code of various
    quality from people who needed to "scratch an itch" or put a hack in
    to "support just my configuration".

    If you find a well designed and completely specified and developed
    piece of open source software, you're almost sure to find a company or
    an individual having been paid for developing it and the putting it
    into open source.

    Some open source code still gives me nightmares if I only think about
    the filenames.

    Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
    INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH

    Am Schwabachgrund 22 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0
    D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.022 / U:3.580 seconds]